e-mail me at billdeg@umich.edu

3/01/2007

Here We Go Again

It's snowing again. A hard, blowing, particularly cold snow, too. As I walked Hyatt around the block this morning, the stuff pummled both of our faces. Enough with the snow already.

Spring Break week and I feel less overwhelmed. Already I've written my "long" 4Cs presentation (the regular paper) and worked a bit on the "short" conversation-starter I'm responsible for at the Cs working-class studies special interest group meeting. And today's the day when I'm going to work on revisions to the Detroit article.

But, mostly, a laid back Spring Break close to home. A couple lunches with friends. A couple courtesy-of-Netflix films: "Half Nelson," "Babel" (I thought that, thematically, it was facile and pretentious; in terms of vision, a rehash of last year's "Crash"), and "Shut Up & Sing."

No comments: